Customers of Helix Water District are now eligible for up to a $100 rebate for the purchase and installation of plant-based mulch!
Mulch helps reduce outdoor water use by reducing soil temperatures, retaining soil moisture and reducing evaporation. In addition to conserving water, mulch provides plants with nutrients, chokes out weeds and creates a neat, tidy appearance for your landscape.
Only plant-based mulch qualifies for the rebate -- bark, composted wood chips or shredded mulch.
Questions? Contact Helix Water District at 619-667-6226
Please upload the following items:
If you are unable to submit your mulch rebate online, please mail your application, receipt and photos to:
Helix Water DistrictMulch Rebate Application7811 University AvenueLa Mesa, CA 91942
1. Mulch and installation must meet Helix Water District’s Mulch Rebate Program qualifying criteria.
2. Mulch must be installed in the Helix Water District service area in order to qualify for the rebate.
3. Applicant water accounts must be up to date and in good standing.
4. Only purchased mulch qualifies for the rebate.
5. Mulch and associated delivery charges, if applicable, are eligible for rebate.
6. Mulch purchased prior to April 12, 2021, does not qualify for the rebate program.
7. Rebate amount may not exceed $25 per cubic yard, with a $100 maximum, and may not exceed actual costs.
8. Rebate amount and requirements are subject to change without advance notice and are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the availability of program funds. Rebate funding is not guaranteed.
9. Renters are eligible to participate and must include proof of written consent of the property owner in their application.
10. Applications must be received within 90 days of purchase. Applicant must submit a copy of the sales and/or delivery receipt and a minimum of three photos.
11. Rebate applications must be complete and are subject to verification and review for accuracy, including all necessary documentation. Necessary documentation includes, but is not limited to: a copy of the purchase receipt or delivery invoice, proof of property owner consent (if applicable), three photos showing completed installation and a completed and signed application. The receipt or invoice must include the mulch type, quantity, date of purchase and proof of full payment.
12. Applicant authorizes submitted photos to become Helix Water District property.
13. Rebates through the Helix Water District Mulch Rebate Program are limited to one per customer address per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). The district will verify past participation using the information provided in the rebate application.
14. Applicants are responsible for delivery and installation costs and for checking to determine if a permit is required prior to installation. Customers are solely responsible for ensuring that they comply with all provisions of law and all property restrictions. Helix Water District is not responsible for any violations of law, property restrictions or any other consequences of applicant’s mulch installation.
15. Helix Water District reserves the right to verify and inspect the rebated product installation. If a product installation cannot be verified, the applicant will be required to refund the rebate amount, including all associated processing costs. Access to the rebated mulch must be provided.
16. A reduced water bill is not guaranteed.
17. By applying for a rebate in this program, personal information listed on your application may be subject to disclosure to requesting parties pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
18. DISCLAIMER. Helix Water District and its officers, officials, employees, volunteers, wholesale water suppliers, contractors and agents, neither endorses nor makes any representation or warranty regarding the material or delivery of mulch eligible for rebates under this rebate program, including any hazardous substances that may be contained in the mulch. Helix Water District is not responsible for any violations of law, property restrictions, or any other consequences of applicant’s mulch installation.
19. RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFICATION. By participating in the rebate program and by entering into this agreement, the applicant agrees to waive, release, defend, indemnify, protect and hold harmless Helix Water District, its officers, officials, employees, agents, contractors, wholesale water suppliers, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, defense costs or expenses including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, or liability of any kind or nature, at any time, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen to applicant, which the applicant may sustain or incur or which may be imposed upon the applicant arising in any way out of, or in any way related to, applicant’s participation in the rebate program.
By signing below, the applicant agrees to comply with the program terms and conditions. The applicant has read, understands and agrees to the terms and conditions of the program as outlined and certifies that the information on the application is true and correct.
I acknowledge that my typed name below is an electronic signature of this document and fully binding and enforceable.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field