Did you know that an inch of rain on a 1,000-square-foot roof creates over 600 gallons of free water for your plants and landscape? It is never too late to prepare your property to capture rainfall.
Join the City of La Mesa, Helix Water District, The Water Conservation Garden and La Mesa Parks and Recreation Foundation on February 24, 2024, for a FREE Rainwater Collection Workshop. This workshop is open to Helix Water District customers.
Join us for a demonstration on the best ways to collect, direct and use water for your landscape. This can help you save water and money when irrigating your yard.
Attendees will learn:
- How to capture rainwater from a roof.
- How to size rainwater storage.
- The unique benefits of rainwater for plants and soil.
- The costs associated with various rainwater capture techniques.
- How much rainwater is needed.
- The difference between active and passive rainwater harvesting.
To register for the event and view the event schedule, visit hwd.fyi/rainwater.